Architectural Standards Committee (ASC) Request
You're looking to enhance your property, perhaps with a new deck, fence, pool or patio. While your planning it is always good to check your community Covenants and By-Laws to understand what you can and can do, and when you need to get authorization from your Architectural Standards Committee (ASC). If you've got a project, in the works, do the right thing, and get it authorized by your ASC.
Download the form below and fill it out, providing as much detail as possible. Next, send the Form as an Attachment to the following email address:
Most association covenants require approval from a governing committee for almost any change to your property. These enhancements vary by community, but may include Pools, Fences, Sheds & Outbuildings, Major Landscaping projects such as new decks, patios or car pads, and in some communities, where you cut-in your flower beds, and what you put in them. Thus, receiving association approval protects you, and all the property owners in your community, against homeowners building "an enhancement" that is not attractive or consistent with the rest of the community.
If you follow this simple process, you'll guarantee your project not only makes you happy, but ensures your community is on-board with the enhancement as well. As stated, every community has different guidelines for improvements, but the process is generally like this.
To View The ASC Request Form, you'll need to download Adobe Reader by clicking this link or the "Get Adobe Reader" to the right. If you're having trouble accessing the file, make sure you've downloaded the latest copy.
The approval process... It's As easy as 1, 2, 3!
- DOWNLOAD The ASC Request Form USING THE LINK ABOVE.
- PRINT the document on your printer, then FILL OUT, and SIGN the ASC Request Form.
- SEND your signed and completed ASC Request Form via the form below, or through email with an attachment, fax, or regular mail.
- The plan MUST include the location of the improvement on the property, color, size and shape of the improvement. If you have more than one document, please send the completed ASC Request Form via regular email with your attachment(s), fax, or via regular mail.
Once we receive your completed ASC Request Form...
- We'll forward your request to your Association's ASC committee.
- The Committee will meet and review your plans.
- Once a decision is made by the committee, you will receive a letter in writing either accepting, denying or modifying your request.
- This process will take from 1 week to 45 days, depending on the community where you live.
Complete The Form:
Fax, Email or Mail Your Completed Document To:
- FAX: 770.599.6625
- MAIL: P.O. Box 639 Sharpsburg, Georgia 30277